Start by prepping all your veggies and gathering them in the order we’ll use them (the step is in brackets):
- finely chop the onion (step 2)
- slice the carrots (step 2)
- cut the celery into cubes (step 2)
- cut the tomatoes into dices (step 2 & 4)
- cut the courgettes into dices (step 3)
- mince the garlic (step 3)
- finely chop the chili pepper (step 3)
- roughly chop the spinach (step 5)
In a big skillet, heat the olive oil. When it starts shimmering, on medium heat, sauté the onion, carrots and celery with 3 tbsp diced tomatoes, for about 5mn or until the onion becomes transparent.
Throw in the courgettes, garlic, chili, thyme, oregano and salt. Stir well until fragrant, for about 1-2 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, broth and bay leaves, and bring to the boil. Reduce to low-medium heat and simmer for 15mn, with a lid to partially cover (leave 1inch open).
Add the beans (I used a can), pasta and spinach, stir well and cook for 15mn or until the pasta is al dente.
Serve immediately with freshly cracked peppercorn and lemon!